Allies join forces to face their foe and triumph at all costs even if it means ‘stealing’ victory
from the grasps of the enemy.
This is a four ball game, teams of two go head to head. Both team members must play to the same nominated zone, adding their accumulative individual points together creating the team score (both scores count). If a team is trailing by an insurmountable points deficit on the 9th tee, the match can still be won by choosing to activate the “Steal” rule. This rules states that if either, one player makes a hole in one in the red zone, or both players hit the nominated red zone and make birdie two’s they “Steal” the match. This can only be countered if the leading team match either of these feats. In all cases a 9th hole, red zone hole in one takes precedence. In the case of a match being tied the winning team will be decided by a sudden death playoff.
- When playing to the green a ball striking any flagstick or hole is considered rub of the green and the ball should be played as it lies
- When playing to the green any flagstick can be removed as in the normal rules of golf
- If when on the green, a hole other than the one nominated, is in the line of putt, then the ball may be placed as near as possible to its original position, no nearer to the nominated hole, that allows a clear line of putt
- If a player’s ball goes in the wrong hole, it should be placed without penalty as near as possible to its original position, no nearer to the nominated hole so as to allow a clear line of putt
Order Of Play
- The player/team with the highest points total from the previous hole has the honour on the next tee
- If all players/teams play to the same Zone, the furthest from the hole plays first
- If all players/teams play to different Zones, the player/team that is the furthest from their respective zone flag should play first. If in doubt the player/team who nominated the harder zone should play first
- Once all balls are on the green, the player/team who have nominated the hardest Zone shall hole out first
Zone Golf Rating when playing BATTLE
When playing “BATTLE” both team members add their respective ZGR together with the difference between the highest and lowest totals being the head start given.
Team A: Player 1 ZGR= 9 points + Player 2 ZGR= 18points. Team A total= 27points
Team B: Player 1 ZGR= 6 points + Player 2 ZGR = 36points. Team B total = 42 points
Team B would receive a 15 point lead. (42-27 = 15). This should be entered in the points lead box on Team B’s Zone Golf scorecard.
Get your Zone Golf Rating (ZGR) and play another individual evenly Find out more
"The different hitting areas and zones to aim for will make it fun with a lot of strategy involved because of the risk and reward. That’s what golf is for us at the highest level."− Justin Rose
"Looking at different targets on greens and new challenges is always going to be good to get kids involved"− Ian Poulter
"I always like to play golf when it’s thinking outside of the box and doing things a little different. This is about fun and if I can play well my charity will be greatly rewarded."− Paul McGinley